Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our first days as gypsies.

We were supposed to leave Sunday, June 19th, to visit my mother in south Georgia but didn't finish cleaning out the house until Monday.  It was crazy getting everything we wanted to keep into 13 suitcases.  Some things we had to throw out and that was hard, but hey, you get to a point where you just want to shove it in and get on with it!  So, we got up on Monday and left to start our trip as gypsies.  It's funny how you notice things when you think you might not see them ever again.  Things like grand old oak trees dripping Spanish moss, bright pink azaleas, miles of farmland and temperatures reaching hotter than four hells.  I love seeing the huge tractors and lines of traffic waiting to fly by, hearing the 3 radio stations of southern baptist preachers screaming of salvation, 2 country stations and the one hip hop station that plays rap and gospel in intervals.  Long red dirt roads and produce stands everywhere.
So here we are at my mother's house and she is spoiling my kids rotten.  They've already eaten everything in the house and driven the golf cart until there's no more gas.  They have watched movies (Goonies, Grease, Facing the Giants, Major Pane,etc), eaten ice cream and played games.  And speaking of ice cream, Hailley and Elijah have never been to Dairy Queen, and got to go for the first time on Monday night!  It is so fun to see my mom and my kids together.  It is also sad to know it will be a long time before we will see them together again.  On Tuesday, I got sick, and thought I was going to die.  My mom took the kids and Chris stayed at the hotel and took care of me.  So I really don't have much to blog about on that day, or what I do, you don't want to hear about! Today is a lazy day, and we have watched more movies and as I'm still weak from yesterday, I am watching my mom run around after the kids and spoil them some more.  I'm too tired to even care.  So, I am going to try to blog something every day but it will probably be every three.  As you all know, I'm a bit crazy right now!  Much love to everyone and know that we are missing you all already!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this blog! Can't wait to read about your adventures... love you all so much! Praying for safe travels and a very blessed time in Thailand! Love, Mira, Steve, Madison, and Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try to follow you all and send you some smiles along with words of encouragement!! We love The Wolski's and will miss you!! Love, The Fickel's Duane, Marci and kids

    ReplyDelete