Saturday, August 13, 2011

God has built in punishments

Ok, so I bit the dust on my new ride today.  It started out with Elijah being a little punk and stopping or slamming on his breaks.  So I put him in the back of the line (Chris, Hailley, Elijah and me were riding to the park).  You have to ride in a line because there are taxis and mopeds flying around like maniacs and you can't ride side by side.  So Elijah kept asking if he could get in front of me and I kept telling him no!  Chris slowed down and asked me what he did and instead of using my words like I always tell Elijah and Hailley, I tried to show him.  My handlebars came loose, slid down, and I did a beautiful flip and landed on my shoulders and hips.   Nice.  I just laid there in the dirt, the garbage and whatever else was in the street and heard Chris say, "OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OKAY?"  I looked up and saw a little boy peeking out of his mom's shop and I yelled, "SAWADEE KHA!"  which means "hello!"  I jumped up and laughed and poor Elijah kept asking and asking if I was okay.  I said to him, "See?  God really does have built in punishments!"  I shouldn't have kept him in the back, I shouldn't have tried to be a smarty pants and showed Chris what he was doing, and I should have listened to Chris and stopped to get my handle bars fixed.  So, the lesson is, that even for mom, God has built in punishments.
As I lay here on the couch, my children keep looking over to see if I'm really okay, especially Elijah.  I guess the sight of his ginormous mother doing a flip over the handle bar was traumatic.  So, even though I have bruises already coming up on leg and shoulder, and Chris has made me ice and take 800 mg of motrin, I tell you, my pride is bruised more than my body.  The only good thing out of this is that my kids will see that it's okay to fall, you just have to get back up and ride again.  Not only your bike, but in everything.  I laughed and had a great attitude after my lesson, and I hope my kids learned from it too.  Maybe I will pay more attention to the things I say and the way I speak to Hailley and Elijah. In any case, I heard you God!  Lots of love and many more adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment